Bel Air Parks & Rec
Meets: Coed Tuesdays.....Min. Intermediate w/Advanced Mixed
Coed Thursdays....Advanced levels of play only
Both nights are Year-round....7:00-10:00 PM
at McFaul Activity Center Gym
Chairperson: Katrina Smith...firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Trina for instructions first.
2017 Registration: April of each year via www.belairrec.org
Fee: $30 year for 1 night
$60 year for both nights...no pro-rates
Cancellations: Pre-designated holiday closings...announced usually via email
When MD Snow Emergency Plan is in effect.
IMPORTANT!!!! Level of Play Expected: Both nights are designed for a MINIMUM of intermediate to advanced level players only. It is geared toward players who consistently demonstrate STRONG v-ball skills WITH PRIOR PLAYING EXPERIENCE. All players are expected to maintain control of the ball AND themselves, play positions correctly with safety in mind and have a positive team attitude on the court.
This program is not a beginner program, backyard style program or a teaching program. Safety for all players is a priority. If you are unable to play at this level at this time, please seek other P&R programs that may be more suitable to your personal level of play.
BARC General Play Guidelines:
• Random 6 member teams with 1 rotator as necessary
• Bump, set, spike play - Strive for three hits consistently
• Middle front is setter, unless help is called
• Middle rear plays back after serve
• Players are responsible for calling carries, net, double hits and breaking net plane
We play by the HONOR system, you do it, you call it.
• Forced doubles are allowed on 1st hits, hard serves or spikes, blatant doubles must be called
• Ceiling is playable unless ball crosses the net plane
• Return of serve must be bumped, hit OR set cleanly (call carries/hands)
• If there is a dispute, replays are the best policy
Remember!!! Our goal is to achieve a consistent level of quality,
competitive ball. But, most of all, have Fun!!!!